Help Understanding Code Signing

Marcus Calhoun-Lopez mcalhoun at macports.org
Thu Apr 22 05:09:30 UTC 2021

I must admit that whan issues like code signing come up, I tend to
tune out, so please forgive me if this is well trodden territory.

While working on the netgen, I added the following code to get the
destroot phase working (where ${pdv} is 3.8, 3.9, etc.):
    destroot.env-append
PYTHONPATH=${destroot}${prefix}/lib/python${pdv}/site-packages/ \

DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH=${destroot}${prefix}/lib

In the CMake file, PYTHONPATH is respected by execute_process [1], but
DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH is not.
>From what I can tell, this is an OS issue and not a cmake problem [2].
Apparently, the solution is to run codesign on cmake.
Is this at all feasible?
Is there another possible workaround anyone can think of?
I am afraid I know little to nothing about how codesign [3] works.

Thank you,
Marcus

[1] https://cmake.org/cmake/help/latest/command/execute_process.html
[2] https://gitlab.kitware.com/cmake/cmake/-/issues/20678