openmpi-* subports, and publishing of binaries

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Tue Apr 27 22:10:27 UTC 2021

As a follow-up to this thread, I recently noticed that we’ve been publishing binaries for port hwloc for quite some time. And openmpi is utilizing that library, apparently without any issues. (Confirmed by the dependencies of the openmpi-* binaries, via otool.)

So I’m wondering if perhaps there were issues years back, but that’s no longer the case?

It sure would be awesome to publish binaries for openmpi-* ports, as they take quite a while to build.

Thoughts?