openmpi-* subports, and publishing of binaries

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Fri Apr 30 18:05:18 UTC 2021

Based on local testing of the buildbot binaries, everything looks good.

Of note, buildbot binaries shouldn’t be used when compiling against the Xcode-provided compiler, since that can vary between the builtbot and users’ machines. (And that’s consistent with the behavior of mpich-* ports.) But most openmpi-* subports can utilize the buildbot binaries, eliminating local builds in many cases.

For anyone interested in more detail, the work is tracked by ticket:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62783 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62783>

Thoughts/comments welcome.