glib2 update to 2.62.5

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 02:49:40 UTC 2021

Our glib2 port is severely out of date, and has been preventing port
updates of some ports for a while now. The latest is gimp2, and so the
pressure is on for that now.

The glib2-devel port is considerably newer (although not current),  has
been out since February, and other than a couple of minor issues, seems OK.
I've been using it since February.

Evan and I are working on a few minor SDK related issues building on <
SnowLeopard, but other than that everything else seems to be working.

There was a question about +universal building one port, but that does not
appear to be (widely) reproducible, and whatever that might have been would
seem to be fixable if it shows up again.

glib2 is a build dep for many dozens of ports. If you would like to test
your favourite port against the new version please do so. Would be much
happier to find any breakage now, rather than later.

https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/11805

Thanks,

Ken