gcc11-devel and our buildbots

Chris Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Thu Dec 30 23:41:10 UTC 2021

Hi

Before arm came along the gccdevel ports indeed did not update that regularly. Normally in the run up to a new major release they might see more activity, as we take a look as to if the upcoming release has any issues, but outside that they perhaps would go a month or two between updates. Arm changed that in that currently its still the version with the best support for that platform, as none of the production releases have official support. I suspect once these stabilise, with a production gcc release with full arm support, we will likely go back to the old update patterns.

Chris