"cask" ports just keep on rolling in...

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Fri Feb 5 22:58:19 UTC 2021

> The destroot phase needs to — what — record the files that will be
> installed in some kind of an index file? And also know about the stuff that
> gets installed into ~/Library, etc.

You would probably need to get the list of files installed by the installer
by running either pkgutil --files or lsbom, if we're talking about a PKG
installer. (Or maybe it would be easier to just grab the bom file in its
entirety.) Typically running an ls -R on the .app bundle inside a DMG
installer would be sufficient for those kinds of installers.

But then this begs the question: what happens to all of the work that went
into the build-from-source packages? Wouldn't this end up rendering the
hundreds of hours I spent getting the Blender package to work a complete
waste?

--
Jason Liu