Xcode error with cmake build of grpc

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sun Jan 17 06:11:18 UTC 2021

On Jan 15, 2021, at 20:07, Steven Smith wrote:

> I am unable to build grpc on a specific machine because of some Xcode error:
>
>> make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.15.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreFoundation.framework', needed by `libgpr.14.0.0.dylib'.  Stop.
>
> The relevant versions are:
>
>> macOS 10.15.7 19H114
>> Xcode 12.3 12C33

Indeed Xcode 12.3 does not contain the 10.15 SDK. It contains only the macOS 11 SDK.

Not sure why this build is insisting on trying to use the 10.15 SDK when it does not exist. That is a bug that should be fixed.

> This same Portfile builds grpc just fine on another 10.15 machine and indeed by the buildbot in this grpc PR: https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/9729 .

This kind of problem is the reason why I keep our Buildbot machines on a version of Xcode and command line tools that contains the SDK version matching the OS version.