Can we enable CI for legacy systems?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 04:34:12 UTC 2021

> I try to fix build issues on old systems. The problem is that it’s very difficult to
> do it since I need to merge blindly something and wait for the buildbots.
If you would like to set up a VM or several to help do this, it is very easy, I found.

I like Parallels, and it does VMs from 10.5 to BigSur on my 2010 MacPro 5,1 running Mojave.

I put them all on one 1TB SSD.

All the systems from 10.7 to BigSur are available free from Apple, as are the Xcode setups, the documentation, and the command line tools.

10.5 and 10.6 you have to find in Server editions to run on Parallels. VirtualBox runs my 10.4 Intel VM.

I think it's really hard to just throw things at the buildbots and hope they stick.

Best,

Ken