Desolate Condition

Christopher Nielsen mascguy at rochester.rr.com
Sat Jan 30 17:49:44 UTC 2021

On 2021-01-30-S, at 12:00, Rainer Müller <raimue at macports.org> wrote:

> Yes, we do have a Twitter account [1], but we are not using it much. Mostly we announce new releases and maintenance stuff there.
>
> I added a new SocialMedia wiki page [2] to document the existence of such social media presence. This also has the list of users that already have access and the signatures they use for tweets.
>
> Help with this would be very welcome! I can give out access to more users via TweetDeck [3], if you tell me your Twitter handle.
>
> Rainer
>
> [1] https://twitter.com/macports
> [2] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SocialMedia
> [3] https://tweetdeck.twitter.com

You’re welcome to add me. My Twitter handle is @ChrisNielsen333.

In terms of current tweet-worthy items, there are at least two that I’d suggest:
* The recent migration to libjpeg-turbo. It was quick, painless, and a big win for our users!
* All of the great work folks have been doing, to support Apple’s M1 Macs.

Anything else?