Desolate Condition

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Jan 30 17:00:32 UTC 2021

On 26/01/2021 16.12, Christopher Nielsen wrote:
> One advantage that HomeBrew does have, though, is cachet: There are so many
> times when articles - or even organizations, such as Google - simply recommend
> using HomeBrew… with no mention of MacPorts.
>
> So, my feeling is that we need to up our public relations game. Do we have an
> active social media presence, for example? (Twitter in particular?)>
> Of note, while I’m not an expert in social media relations, I’d happily
> volunteer to help with it.

Yes, we do have a Twitter account [1], but we are not using it much. Mostly we
announce new releases and maintenance stuff there.

I added a new SocialMedia wiki page [2] to document the existence of such social
media presence. This also has the list of users that already have access and the
signatures they use for tweets.

Help with this would be very welcome! I can give out access to more users via
TweetDeck [3], if you tell me your Twitter handle.

Rainer

[1] https://twitter.com/macports
[2] https://trac.macports.org/wiki/SocialMedia
[3] https://tweetdeck.twitter.com