perl and python version update

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Wed Jun 2 07:29:38 UTC 2021

Seems like a fine idea to me. Thing is, you actually don't want to be that
current anyway.

The priority is on everything working, not newest/coolest -- so if the
designated perl or python is several years old, that is most likely
perfect. Nothing we need it for needs this week's versions, or this year's.

Now make new versions available if some soul wants to play; just don't make
it the designated version until enough time has gone by that everything
actually has been updated to work with it.