perl and python version update

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Jun 6 20:30:42 UTC 2021

> For perl, we should just ship one perl as 'perl5' and have everything depend on it (and revbump the world of perl when we upgrade it). It takes us too long to migrate everything ‘nicely'

Is that not what the current “perl5” port does?

As I understand it, if you’re not fussy about which perl you want, you put in a dep on “port:perl5” then spec your perl as ${prefix}/bin/perl5 and you’re done.

the perl5 port symlinks to the currently blessed perl.

It’s quite possible I don’t fully grasp the nuances, though.