How to trigger port rebuild for arm64

Dave Allured - NOAA Affiliate dave.allured at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 10 04:06:08 UTC 2021

On Tue, Mar 9, 2021 at 4:12 PM Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On Mar 9, 2021, at 13:02, Dave Allured wrote:
>
> > I work very occasionally on port fixes for arm64.  I tried to trigger
> rebuilds of dependent ports on the arm64 buildbot, using simple revbumps.
> For example, port geos was updated and built successfully on Feb. 15.  I
> then submitted a revbump for dependent port spatialite, merged to MP master
> on March 5:
> > https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/10040
> >
> > However, it seems that the expected arm64 rebuild was never triggered,
> and spatialite continues to show arm64 failure.  In particular note that
> the last build predates the revbump:
> > https://ports.macports.org/port/spatialite/builds
> >
> > The arm64 buildbot was "idle" this morning, if I am reading correctly.
> So what is the right way for me to get an arm64 rebuild started?  Should I
> start blindly rev bumping until I get what I want?   ;-)   Am I missing
> something?  Thanks for any advice.
>
> You should never revbump a port just to get the buildbot to build
> something. *Any* change made to a port will trigger a buildbot build if one
> is necessary.
>
> If you are a MacPorts developer with commit access, you can log in to the
> buildbot to force builds of any ports that for whatever reason did not get
> built normally (for example if there was build server downtime and I
> somehow neglected to schedule builds for those ports that were modified
> during the downtime). If a MacPorts developer with commit access does not
> have a buildbot login, they can ask me and I can make one.
>
> Note that the ports web site is not currently importing new build
> information due to a problem [1]. If you'd like to be notified when the
> problem is resolved you can Cc yourself on that ticket.
>
> According to https://packages.macports.org/spatialite/ geos @5.0.1_1 was
> built for all platforms (except 10.15 [2]) on March 6/7 including arm64.
>
> [1] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62401
>
> [2] https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62257

Thank you.  #62401 explains everything I thought was wrong.  I did not know
that the ports website was not updating, or that there was another way to
look for successful builds.

While the ports website is not updating, is there an easy way for me to
access build logs for new builds that fail for specific ports?  It's not
critical but would help me stay on track.