What in MacPorts decides that files are 'broken'?

Nils Breunese nils at breun.nl
Mon May 3 22:33:00 UTC 2021

Hello,

I maintain the openjdk* ports. These ports install prebuilt x86_64 binaries from AdoptOpenJDK. A MacPorts user with an M1 created https://trac.macports.org/ticket/62802 to report that installing the openjdk11 port on his machine makes rev-upgrade reports a couple of files in this port as ‘broken’. I’ve asked the reporter to manually download the prebuilt x86_64 tarball, and that seems to work fine on his M1 machine.

I am not sure what MacPorts runs that decides these files are broken. Can anyone tell me more about this?

Thanks, Nils.