llvm-9.0 on 10.6.8 shows red -- but it builds

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 19 05:25:05 UTC 2021

On May 18, 2021, at 04:35, Mojca Miklavec wrote:

>>> That probably counts as a bug in the Tcl script that returns the list
>>> of subports to be built.
>>
>> I'm not aware of a bug in that script.
>
> Do you have any clue or any alternative explanation why llvm-9.0 would
> be missing on this list?
>    https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64-watcher/builds/9920
>
> The port must have been built some time between 9907 and 9920:
>    https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64-watcher/builds/9907
>
> The port grepcidr was built in
>    https://build.macports.org/builders/ports-10.6_x86_64-watcher/builds/9918
> and the timestamp of the binary from 10.6_x86_64 is 2020-09-07 07:55
>
> The timestamp of llvm-9.0 is 2020-09-07 07:56.

mpbb was improved in January 2021 so that separate builds would be scheduled for any dependencies that had not yet been built:

https://github.com/macports/mpbb/commit/bb4a1f6089ee09fc20d00d3556311c3b0e7d2d99

Prior to that time, we would only schedule separate builds for the ports/subports that were modified in the commit (or were specified in the force build list) that had not already been built. Any unbuilt dependencies would be built coincidentally in the "install dependencies" step and uploaded in the "gather archives" step.