Why is binary avoided for Xcode MPI wrappers?

Eric Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Thu May 20 16:51:51 UTC 2021

It was an issue where when the xcode versions were not aligned on the
builder and user that the resulting binary package did not work correctly.

I really can't speak to if this is still an issue we would run into; we
could always try re-enabling pre-compiled usage and see if anyone runs into
it again. (And try to do a better job of documenting what the issue is this
time if it does.)

It is possible that rev-upgrade will catch the issue (if it still occurs)
as well; I don't recall if that was available at the time.

 - Eric