BigSur buildbot building software that will only run on 11.3+ ?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Mon May 31 15:19:11 UTC 2021

In this ticket

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/63003 <https://trac.macports.org/ticket/63003>

it has been suggested by a knowledgable contributor that this issue:

xcrun: error: unable execute utility "/opt/local/libexec/llvm-11/bin/clang" because it requires a newer version of macOS.

Is being caused by the buildbot now being on 11.3, and that any binaries from that buildbot cannot run on any BigSur < 11.3.

If that is so, that is both a change from what has happened in the past for our buildbots, and I have to disable buildbot binaries on my BigSur machines (at least until OpenCore gets sorted out for my MacPro, to allow BigSur beyond 11.2).