Question regarding builders and require_active_variants

Jason Liu jasonliu at umich.edu
Wed Nov 17 17:06:08 UTC 2021

Is there no way to make the buildbots "smarter", so that if the Portfile
has a `require_active_variants` line, to simply just go ahead and install
the dependency with that variant enabled? I'm not necessarily asking for
this sort of behavior in MacPorts base, which would affect all users, but
only on the buildbots, so that they could complete a larger number of
package builds.

Or would this be considered "too smart by half"?

--
Jason Liu