upgrade to openssl 3.0.0

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Tue Oct 5 18:10:57 UTC 2021

On Oct 4, 2021, at 12:54 PM, Ken Cunningham <ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com> wrote:
> I was hoping to move this along for the overwhelming benefit of the license, but TBH the push-back so far is 99.99% negative about moving to openssl 3.0.0 this year, so too controversial for me to get involved with. I'll sit back for six to twelve months and see what you guys work out over the coming year.

I haven't chimed in here, but I think Ken's approach is the right one (and also matches what we've previously done pretty closely).

I suspect if we wait, we'll just end up doing this same thing later - so might as well get it over with now. The sooner we get to a state where (mostly) things all work with the latest openssl, the better.

Daniel J. Luke

More information about the macports-dev mailing list