upgrade to openssl 3.0.0

Vincent Habchi vince at macports.org
Tue Oct 5 18:44:33 UTC 2021

> On 5 Oct 2021, at 20:10, Daniel J. Luke <dluke at geeklair.net> wrote:
> I suspect if we wait, we'll just end up doing this same thing later - so might as well get it over with now. The sooner we get to a state where (mostly) things all work with the latest openssl, the better.

Just my tuppence:

While I usually agree with that politics (don’t defer until tomorrow that which you can do today), please don’t forget that the official release of MacOS 12 ‘Monterey’ is about to be announced, so both would more or less clash. It might be wise to delay the upgrade to 3.0.0 once everyone has upgraded to the new version (or at least, a couple of weeks after).


And I apologise dearly if someone has already raised this point, I simply don’t feel like reading the thread from the get-go :p :S 

More information about the macports-dev mailing list