PR 14427: 10.14 tester wanted

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Apr 3 03:00:37 UTC 2022

On 2022-4-3 12:00 , Fred Wright wrote:

> I got a warning about the 10.14 SDK not being installed, which I found
> surprising since I know I have the CLTs installed.  Running the
> suggested "xcode-select --install" complains that the CLTs are already
> installed, and suggests Software Update, which doesn't do anything.
> Looking in the SDKs directory within the Xcode bundle, I see 10.15 but
> not 10.14, though that ought to work and seems to work.  Perhaps the SDK
> check (which I think is separate from the port itself) is overly picky.

I don't know about qt6 specifically, but in the general case, the
warning is precisely as picky as it should be. Building anything that
doesn't handle weak-linked symbols correctly (which is most things)
against an SDK newer than the OS it will be run on will result in
runtime crashes. This is why we always say to install the Command Line
Tools, because Xcode doesn't necessarily have the SDK matching the
current OS version, whereas the CLTs do.

SDKs provided by the CLTs would be in
/Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/SDKs. If you have a 10.14 SDK there
but qt6 is not finding it, it may only be looking in Xcode, and
hopefully it knows what it's doing.

- Josh