Location to store binaries

mcalhoun at macports.org mcalhoun at macports.org
Sun Apr 17 14:31:16 UTC 2022

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Cargo and the Rust Standard Library, which are both required to build Rust, have higher requirements than Rust itself.
Back to 10.7, MacPorts gets around this by using, e.g., the MacPorts build of OpenSSL instead of the CommonCrypto system library.
Prior to 10.7, MacPorts would (if the pull requests are merged) use a patched version of Clang to force emulated thread-local-storage on the bootstrap compiler.

I think it unlikely upstream would be willing to host such a build since I am not sure how to create it outside of the MacPorts ecosystem.

-Marcus