gcc10 ports

Kirill A. Korinsky kirill at korins.ky
Tue Feb 15 11:10:59 UTC 2022

Hey,

I just finished to heavy rework gcc10 port and introduced the brand new gcc10-bootstrap port. Both ports is near identical in term of applied patches (to make it easy to support) and used https://github.com/iains/gcc-10-branch <https://github.com/iains/gcc-10-branch> as source of patch with really a few small additional changes.

PR:
 - https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/14003 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/14003>
 - https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/13995 <https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/13995>

It allows me:
 - build it on macOS 12 on both x86 and arm64
 - build on macOS 10.6 on x86 (can someone test it on ppc?)

gcc10-bootstrap is quite limited gcc which can be built without any dependencies and can be used as bootstrap compiler to compile modern clang which leads to build normal libcxx :)

Anyway, the question how to properly enable gcc10-bootstrap stands. After some digging I feel that the right way is adding one more condition to https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl <https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/port1.0/portconfigure.tcl> which allows compiler with name macports-...-bootstrap.

Do you see better approach?

--
wbr, Kirill