/usr/bin/python will be removed in macOS 12.3!

Gerben Wierda gerben.wierda at rna.nl
Sat Feb 19 13:58:32 UTC 2022

Oof.

I’m happy to check as soon as 12.3 is out, but I wonder how to check. Installing a port is easy enough to do, but how do I find out if a port uses it in some arcane way? And if it does, how should one fix.

I was wondering if a reasonable band-aid would be to have /usr/bin/python link to the one from MacPorts when installed, but given Apple’s strategy in clamping down, I guess that will not work in the long term, even if it might work in the short term. And of course, such a band-at only hides the debt that has now been created in the ports so it is a bad idea in other senses as well.

Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn <https://www.linkedin.com/in/gerbenwierda>)
R&A IT Strategy <https://ea.rna.nl/> (main site)
Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book/>
Book: Mastering ArchiMate <https://ea.rna.nl/the-book-edition-iii/>