Acting on a subport in a development Portfile

Georges Martin jrjsmrtn at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 19:20:38 UTC 2022

When working on a Portfile in a macports-ports clone, it's possible to perform actions in its directory, without giving the port name (and not adding the repo  to sources.conf):

	$ cd ~/repos/macports-ports/<category>/<portname>
	$ port info
	$ port lint
	$ sudo port build

But if the Portfile contains a subport, how can I invoke actions on the subport ?

Do I really need to add that repository to sources.conf ? And rerun portindex every time I switch branches ? :-q

G.