[macports/macports-ports] abcde: switch to Perl 5.34 (PR #13720)

Gabriel Rosenkoetter gr at eclipsed.net
Sat Jan 22 14:44:48 UTC 2022

On 2022-01-22 07:33 EST, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Jan 21, 2022, at 20:17, Gabriel Rosenkoetter wrote:
>> I was fishing for advice on what a "good enough" test here would be. > I don't typically expect port maintainers to have to invent tests.
Ports typically just run "make check" or "make test" to run whatever
tests the developer of the software has provided. If the developer
hasn't provided any tests, and if it interests you, you could work with
the developer of the software to create such a test suite.

Right, better that those tests benefit all users of the software, not
just MacPorts. Good point.

I'll float the question with the abcde folks but, just so we're clear,
that probably still implies my doing it. ;^>

--
Gabriel Rosenkoetter (he/him)
gr at eclipsed.net