privoxy-pki-bundle not Behaving as Desired – Request for Assistance

Steven Smith steve.t.smith at gmail.com
Thu May 12 23:04:13 UTC 2022

I tried to write privoxy-pki-bundle to have these two basic behaviors:

Updates to the file ${prefix}/share/curl/curl-ca-bundle.crt via port curl-ca-bundle will force reinstallation of the CA file ${prefix}/etc/privoxy/CA/trustedCAs.pem with the new CAs.
port install privoxy-pki-bundle will generate this CA file from source; MacPorts will not use a buildbot to create and save an (inevitably outdated) file of CAs to be installed when this port is installed.

Apparently, neither of these behaviors is working, as I see from the recent update of curl-ca-bundle.

I’d appreciate any pointers to get this port configured and working the way it should to make sure that CAs are automatically updated, and old CAs aren’t installed.