Re: privoxy-pki-bundle not Behaving as Desired – Request for Assistance

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun May 22 20:05:57 UTC 2022

On May 22, 2022, at 2:43 PM, Steven Smith <steve.t.smith at gmail.com> wrote:
> A standard install command grabs pre-built stuff from https://packages.macports.org/privoxy-pki-bundle. This pre-built stuff is inevitably stale because it inevitably contains expired certs. We want to port to install stuff, just not pre-built expired stuff.

We want the same epoch-version-revision of a port to always install the same things on everyone's system, though.

> The desired behavior is to always install from “source,” i.e. the behavior that goes with “port -s install” which always installs the latest up-to-date PKI.

The binary install should be the same as a locally built install.

> How does one write a Portfile to prevent installs from being cached at https://packages.macports.org/privoxy-pki-bundle ?

I think you want to reconsider how this works / how you can get the end user behavior you want without having this port being a unique (and surprising) thing.

--
Daniel J. Luke