transient error with macports-base 2.8: Error: Unable to execute port: sqlite error: another row available (100) while executing query: SELECT cxx_stdlib FROM registry.ports WHERE id=109

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Sun Oct 9 20:27:14 UTC 2022

FYI, I saw this issue after upgrading to macports-base 2.8 on 10.13 from current git master 2.8 release:

$ sudo port -v destroot fluxbox
Error: Unable to execute port: sqlite error: another row available (100) while executing query: SELECT cxx_stdlib FROM registry.ports WHERE id=109

$ sudo port clean fluxbox
--->  Cleaning fluxbox

$ sudo port -v destroot fluxbox
Error: Unable to execute port: sqlite error: another row available (100) while executing query: SELECT cxx_stdlib FROM registry.ports WHERE id=109

$ port -v
MacPorts 2.7.99
Entering shell mode... ("help" for help, "quit" to quit)
> quit
Goodbye

So I installed a couple of other ports (wget, aria2) and then tried again, and there was no such error after that.

$ sudo port -v destroot fluxbox
--->  Computing dependencies for fluxbox.
--->  Fetching distfiles for fluxbox
--->  Verifying checksums for fluxbox
--->  Checksumming fluxbox-1.3.7.tar.bz2
--->  Extracting fluxbox
--->  Extracting fluxbox-1.3.7.tar.bz2

— and so on

I was hoping for a nice, tight, reproducible error report, but this is what I have instead. FWIW.

Ken