transient error with macports-base 2.8: Error: Unable to execute port: sqlite error: another row available (100) while executing query: SELECT cxx_stdlib FROM registry.ports WHERE id=109

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Mon Oct 10 00:31:18 UTC 2022

On 2022-10-10 07:27 , Ken Cunningham wrote:
> FYI, I saw this issue after upgrading to macports-base 2.8 on 10.13 from current git master 2.8 release:
>
> $ sudo port -v destroot fluxbox
> Error: Unable to execute port: sqlite error: another row available (100) while executing query: SELECT cxx_stdlib FROM registry.ports WHERE id=109

Looks like that's coming from reg_entry_propget when the db contains a
NULL value:
<https://github.com/macports/macports-base/blob/master/src/cregistry/entry.c#L650-L655>

The error reporting there isn't very helpful, since it's only reporting
the sqlite result code, which is not the problem.

The cxx_stdlib_overridden.tcl script that runs at installation time is
supposed to ensure there are no NULL cxx_stdlib values in the registry.
Any rev-upgrade run will also do that, which is probably how the problem
went away.

You can poke around in the registry with the sqlite3 command to help
diagnose this sort of thing. You can try the query from the error message:

SELECT cxx_stdlib FROM ports WHERE id=109;

Or something a little broader:

SELECT * FROM ports WHERE cxx_stdlib is NULL;

- Josh