Upgrading py-poetry-core and pep517

David Gilman davidgilman1 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 17:40:16 UTC 2022

There's a new release of poetry and py-poetry-core and poetry. I have
the PR ready at https://github.com/macports/macports-ports/pull/16088
. However, I am unable to get it to cleanly upgrade from an older
version of py-poetry-core.

I think the issue has to do with the pep517 machinery intertwining
with Poetry. If you have an old version of py-poetry-core / poetry
installed the Python imports to do the pep517 build are trying to
import across old and new versions of py-poetry-core / poetry and
refactoring internal to those packages is breaking the install.

I am pretty stumped here about what to do next. Is there functionality
in the Portfile DSL to force an uninstall/reinstall? That would be a
quick and easy fix.

As far as the "python.pep517_backend" field in the Python portgroup
goes, it needs to be left default (setuptools) otherwise you get a
cyclical dependency of py-poetry-core on py-poetry-core.

--
David Gilman
:DG<