ports.macports.org gives strange port dependencies

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sun Sep 25 21:26:51 UTC 2022

On 2022-9-25 01:13 , Christopher Jones wrote:

>> On 24 Sep 2022, at 3:52 pm, Arjun Salyan <arjun at macports.org
>> <mailto:arjun at macports.org>> wrote:
>>
>> The output of "port info pciids” from the same Docker container says:
>
> Can you please run
>
>  > port -d info pciids
>
> pipe the output to file and send it here ? I want to see if we can
> figure out what is leading port to decide to add these deps.

Compiler selection doesn't depend only on the platform, it looks at the
actual versions (and existence) of the compilers available on the
system. It's just another way in which a static PortIndex can't reflect
the dynamic values of Portfile variables.

So to make this work as you want, you'd have to either make a way to
inject a fake compiler_version_cache, or provide compiler executables
(or something that looks like them) that report the desired versions on
the system running portindex.

- Josh