How to parse a Portfile?

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Sat Dec 2 05:21:10 UTC 2023

On 2/12/2023 15:22, Frank Stock wrote:
> Thank you for that detailed explanation Josh!
> It provided all the missing pieces I needed.
>
> -Frank

No worries. One note, you shouldn't need to use _mportkey for homepage,
as that is in the portinfo that you get even just from the index. Also
you probably want some error handling when using _mportkey, as not all
options exist in all ports, and even the ones that are considered
required are sometimes forgotten. It's also possible for mportopen to
fail, which is usually a bug in the affected port, but those do happen
sometimes.

- Josh