Problem fetching with git in MacPorts

Robert Kennedy amtor at hotmail.com
Tue May 16 21:44:35 UTC 2023

I am unable to fetch a file in a git repo using MacPorts.  I get an SSL expired error.

fatal: unable to access 'https://codeberg.org/schilytools/schilytools.git/': SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired
Command failed: /usr/bin/git clone --progress --depth=1 https://codeberg.org/schilytools/schilytools.git /opt/local/var/macports/build/_Users_grinch_Development_MacPorts_local-repo_ports_devel_smake/smake/work/schilytools-2023-04-19 2>&
Exit code: 128

Please note that MacPorts is trying to use "/usr/bin/git" which is OLD.  I can fetch the archive in the Terminal using the recent version of git installed by MacPorts at "/opt/local/bin/git".

"/opt/local/bin/git" is also in my $PATH.  When I run "which git", I get "/opt/local/bin/git".

If there a config setting in MacPorts to tell it to use git located at "/opt/local/bin/git"?

Rob