self-building libobjc?

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Sat May 13 16:58:22 UTC 2023

Hi,

I've been tinkering a bit with DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES, DYLD_FORCE_FLAT_NAMESPACE  and the MacPorts libc++, on OS X 10.9.5 . Some applications crash at startup.

While that may be because of simply forcing a flat namespace the crash reporter does mention that libobjc.A.dylib is being loaded at the time of the crash.

Which led to the question if we can build that library ourselves and install it like port:macports-libcxx, even if just the platform version. Has anyone tried and succeeded? I'm getting build failures because of missing header files like `mach-o/dyld_priv.h` or `os/lock_private.h`.