Need Help with the "conflicts_build" PortGroup

chrischavez at gmx.us chrischavez at gmx.us
Mon May 22 11:24:20 UTC 2023

> This sounds like what the “deactivate hack” is for:
> https://trac.macports.org/wiki/PortfileRecipes#deactivatehack
> Some ports use this to forcibly deactivate older versions of a port; no need for conflicts_build.

Never mind, the deactivate hack is for deactivating a port with a different name.

For conflicts with past versions of the same port, I have only encountered conflicts_build with just the port or subport name, without any checks for which version is active, plus a comment about what error is seen if the port is active while building.