More classes of maintainer

grey artkiver at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 21:29:15 UTC 2023

To chime in on this, and take what I write with a grain of salt since
I still feel relatively new to MacPorts, but too much dependence on
GitHub gives me the heebie jeebies.

I realize Trac isn't perfect, but there are far worse issue tracking
systems that I have administered over the decades.

If anything, I think it would be fantastic (though obviously, a non
trivial amount of effort) if MacPorts were more self sufficient and
self hosted and treated closed source for-profit proprietary entities
such as GitHub as read-only mirrors; or maybe facilitated other git
front ends such as codeberg, etc.?