More classes of maintainer

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Sun Nov 5 18:57:27 UTC 2023

On 11/5/23 13:36, Joshua Root wrote:
> There has been an increase in commit volume in more recent years, but
> it certainly didn't coincide with the GitHub migration in 2016.

Put it differently: I do a lot of merges of updates from random people
to the repository, and I'd probably be doing none of it if I couldn't do
the code review, CI checks, etc. cleanly and easily inside of Github.
Modern development tools make a lot of stuff ever so much easier.

Perhaps it took a while from the repository transfer until people got
the hang of things so the increase wasn't synchronous, but I really
don't think anyone would sanely want to go back. It's much better now.

Perry