10.5 and gcc8 x86-64 ok but ppc bails with dlerror

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Mon Apr 8 06:24:15 UTC 2024

Hi,

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> Up to now, though, older systems have used gcc7, and in a few cases gcc5 or gcc48 are used for specific issues. So those gcc versions may still be needed ... time will tell.

for me it is gcc48 (or apple 4.2 on tiger or such) for old software.
gcc6 covers most needs and gcc7 is "current". Who knows, maybe gcc13
replaces gcc7 in all its uses. Or maybe later we can add gcc8 or whatever.

Let's switch? I hope gcc's can be added later, maybe even with libgcc
stupped?

If we do it today or tomorrow, I can leave my G4 building :-P

Riccardo