livecheck and curl 8.7.1

Kirill A. Korinsky kirill at korins.ky
Fri Apr 19 18:51:20 UTC 2024

On Fri, 19 Apr 2024 20:46:10 +0200,
René J.V. Bertin wrote:

> For a few years now I've copied libcurl.4.dylib and dependencies into $prefix/libexec/lib/pextlib1.0 and then use install_name_tool magic to ensure Pextlib.so uses this copy. This solves the problems with livechecks or even downloads failing because of unsupported SSL certificates on my older OS.

"cleaner" approach is running dedicated instance of MacPorts which installs
only curl. Someone calls that "bootstrap" MacPorts.

As soon as you have it, you may build usual MacPorts agaisnt curl from
bootstrap MacPorts, that fixes all issues.

As far as I know this is the best approach.

--
wbr, Kirill