py-numpy and 32bit systems

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Sun Apr 21 07:52:29 UTC 2024

Hi,

I have a situation where I am unable to upgrade cleanly on my MacBook,
took me a bit to realize.
In the past, I had a complete systems, maybe also helped to have Ken's
ports overlay.

While doing upgrade, I am stuck on several rebuild failures (not
installing anything new). One is:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/69199

which is I understand related of this:
https://trac.macports.org/ticket/66685

py-numpy doesn't build in its openblas variant on 32bit intel.
Of course, best would be to fix it :)

Second would be: how can I get the dependency chain? that is, why do I
need it? I tried rdepof / rdependentof / rdepends and always get itself.
I don't like nor use python, so any installed port of it is always a
dependency :)

Understanding what it needs would answer if it needs the openblas
variant or not.

Riccardo