Lazarus package update

Joshua Root jmr at
Sat Feb 3 23:18:21 UTC 2024

On 4/2/2024 09:40, Karl-Michael Schindler wrote:
> Hi.
> There is a new version of Lazarus, a major update from 2.2.6 to 3.0. What are the conditions, whether to update the current package from 2.2.6 to 3.0 vs creating an additional package, called lazarus3?

If the new version breaks compatibility, and if the dependents have not 
all been updated to work with the new version, then you need a second 
port. But preferably the old version should be lazarus2 and lazarus 
should continue to be the latest version.

If none of the dependents work with the new version yet, then you should 
probabl wait until a significant number do before updating.

- Josh

More information about the macports-dev mailing list