Lazarus package update

Karl-Michael Schindler karl-michael.schindler at physik.uni-halle.de
Sun Feb 4 14:08:21 UTC 2024

> Am 04.02.2024 um 13:00 schrieb Joshua Root <jmr at macports.org>
>
> If the new version breaks compatibility, and if the dependents have not
> all been updated to work with the new version, then you need a second
> port. But preferably the old version should be lazarus2 and lazarus
> should continue to be the latest version.
>
> If none of the dependents work with the new version yet, then you should
> probabl wait until a significant number do before updating.
>
> - Josh

Ah. Good points. Lazarus' only dependent in MacPorts is ddrescueview, maintained by myself. Should be easy to handle. I am still a bit worried, because Lazarus is more of a ready to use IDE for Pascal programming outside of MacPorts. Therefore, for judging the actual impact of an update, I should probably check the Lazarus user forums. Besides, my first try got stuck with a glitch.

Thanks again - Michael.