Fwd: Port retirement / replacement?

Keto therealketo at gmail.com
Thu Feb 15 03:17:44 UTC 2024

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Keto <therealketo at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Feb 14, 2024 at 10:16 PM
Subject: Re: Port retirement / replacement?
To: Austin Ziegler <halostatue at gmail.com>

Austin,

The best way to retire an existing port for a modern iteration is to use
the obsolete PortGroup [1]. The best example out there is the ports exa [2]
and eza [3], but in short: follow up with creating a new port for the new
iteration of an existing port, then add the obsolete PortGroup to the
existing port, and point the repalced_by field to the name of the new port
that deprecates the existing port.

Hope this helps,
Keto

[1]