rev-upgrade and checking for +universal dependencies (and build dependencies)

René J.V. Bertin rjvbertin at gmail.com
Fri Jun 7 10:32:20 UTC 2024

René J.V. Bertin wrote on 20150604::18:56:52 re: "Re: rev-upgrade and checking for +universal dependencies (and build dependencies)"

This discussion is older than I thought (or care to realise!) but I was reminded of it thanks to #51516 that brought Pextlib's tracelib.c to my attention.

As I said I'm not at all familiar with the trace mode but from what I understand it works by disabling access to all but a subset of installed files.

Could it be combined with the `rev-upgrade` feature to implement something like `port dependents [file|port]`, where `port dependents <file>` would disable access to the file in question and then run `rev-upgrade` (or optionally `rev-upgrade -v`) ?

R.