GTK on PowerPC: does anyone have it actually working?

Riccardo Mottola riccardo.mottola at libero.it
Thu Mar 14 09:33:20 UTC 2024

Hi,

Ken Cunningham wrote:
> gtk3 (x11 variant) is working fine for me on PowerPC Leopard, for one.

I'm hacking on GTK2 and GTK3 quartz support for Leopard... intel first,
they were working well enough to get gimp starting up (gtk2...)
The only other GTK3 app I use is meld, which is now unusable (doesn't
even show a window) on 10.6 and 10.7, so I didn't even attempt on 10.5.
on 10.11-10.13 it has heavy redraw issues (has since about a year). But
it is really a maze of dependencies, so I don't know if the bug is in
GTK or one of the many dependent libraries.

I will try to build on 10.5 PPC tomorrow and see how things fare

What app(s) do you use?

Riccardo