GTK on PowerPC: does anyone have it actually working?

Ken Cunningham ken.cunningham.webuse at gmail.com
Thu Mar 14 14:16:02 UTC 2024

If you’re having an issue of some kind, it’s probably best to open a ticket where it can be worked through. The exact specifics usually matter.

One quick test however is to install xterm and lauch xterm via the menu in macport’s XQuartz. Then try to run your gtk software from that xterm window.

The issues usually seen are when trying to launch gtk/X11 apps from the Apple Terminal.app. This can get muddled up in the X11.app installed by the Apple installer and the XQuartz.app installed separately from the XQuartz website.

Hygiene is important. Clearing out unneeded launch items (some of which may live in /System/Library as well as /Library), getting rid of other X11 servers, and getting rid of redundant duplicates (which may exist in /usr/X11 or /opt/X11) may be needed.