CI are forcing tests for ports where tests are disabled

Daniel J. Luke dluke at geeklair.net
Sun Mar 17 22:35:43 UTC 2024

On Mar 12, 2024, at 12:20 PM, grey <artkiver at gmail.com> wrote:
> But, I am guessing, it's either not that simple, or at a minimum, I
> might need some additional insights into how to placate it.

The test phase (like most other phases) doesn't run as root by default.

When you run `port test` it's failing because it can't read ssh-keysign which has "-rws--x--x  1 root  admin" permissions (so it /can't/ work).

You can - stop setting 'tests.run yes' since that's the port advertising that 'port test' will work (and it doesn't), tell macports to run the test phase as root (test.asroot yes should work here, but when I did a quick test it didn't and I didn't have a chance to see why), or alter the openssh tests/build to not need to be run as root.

--
Daniel J. Luke