MacPorts vs. Apple compiler issues, Handle

Joshua Root jmr at macports.org
Tue Mar 19 02:11:24 UTC 2024

(Moving to macports-dev as it is a better fit for this topic.)

On 18/3/2024 22:50, Riccardo Mottola wrote:
> I will do another compilation reducing the optimization level. GCC has
> an issue where beyond gcc6 certain optimizations need to be disabled, or
> AF crashes.

Issues that only appear at higher optimisation levels also often involve
undefined behaviour.

> Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
> Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x00007ffe00002007

So here is what happened: SIGSEGV means the program tried to access
memory that it should not have. The page was not mapped or had the wrong
permissions for what it was trying to do. The memory address that it
attempted to access is also shown.

> Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
> 0   XUL                               0x000000010f5468e1
> nsWindowWatcher::OpenWindowInternal(mozIDOMWindowProxy*, char const*,
> char const*, char const*, bool, bool, bool, nsITabParent*, nsIArray*,
> nsIDocShellLoadInfo*, mozIDOMWindowProxy**) + 273

And this is where it happened. Since this is not a full debug build,
there is no line number information, but you at least know which method
is doing the bad memory access.

- Josh