Unable to build Xcode projects using SwiftPM in MacPorts sandbox

Zero King l2dy at macports.org
Sun Mar 24 04:00:17 UTC 2024

Hi,

As I try to package the latest commit of poedit, I encountered the
following error:

Failed to determine if database is empty or not: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "You don’t have permission to save the file “org.swift.swiftpm” in the folder “Caches”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Caches/org.swift.swiftpm, NSUnderlyingError=0x60000010daa0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted"}}Failed to determine if database is empty or not: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=513 "You don’t have permission to save the file “org.swift.swiftpm” in the folder “Caches”." UserInfo={NSFilePath=/opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Caches/org.swift.swiftpm, NSUnderlyingError=0x600001e180c0 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=1 "Operation not permitted"}}

I think it could be base's sandbox that prevented writes to the home
directory, where SwiftPM stores its cache.

Any ideas?

--
Zero